Full text of all abstracts presented at the meeting accompanies the online edition of this issue at http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/content/vol21/issue2/index.dtl#ABSTRACTS.
Abstracts should be cited in the following format:
Author name(s): Title of abstract (abstract #), in Abstracts Presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the American Neuropsychiatric Association. J Neuropsych Clin Neurosci 2009; 21:221—223 (available online at http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/content/vol21/issue2/index.dtl#ABSTRACTS).
Overview of Poster Sessions
P1. Neurological Variables in the Evaluation of Non-Epileptic Seizures. Gaston Baslet, Angela Roiko, Eric Prensky, James Reilly, Ovidio De Leon, Michael Schrift
P2. Outpatient Competency Restoration in Texas 2008. Emilie Becker
P3. The Draw-A-Clock Contest: A Strategy for Improving Cognitive Status Assessment by Trainees. Sheldon Benjamin, M.D., Edith Kaplan, Ph.D., Margo D. Lauterbach, M.D., Jordan Eisenstock, M.D., Daniel Schneider, M.D., Nabil D. Ali, M.D., John F. Sullivan, M.D., Ankur A. Butala, M.D.
P4. Diagnostic Value of Clinical Features Associated with Atypical Dystonia. Kevin Black, Vanessa Lewis, Joel Perlmutter
P5. Effectiveness of a Parent Support Group in Decreasing Stress and Maladaptive Disciplinary Strategies in High Risk Parents. B. Brickhouse Isbell, M.D., L. Sim, Ph.D., Y. Geda, M.D.
P6. Stress Levels as Neurobiological Predictors in Parents Participating in a Child Abuse Prevention Group. Bergina Brickhouse Isbell, M.D., L. Sim, Ph.D., Yonas Geda, M.D.
P8. The Lorazepam Challenge Test in Catatonia: A Useful but Oft Forgotten Tool in Neuropsychiatry. M. Justin Coffey, M.D.
P9. Effects of Combat Stress on Post-Concussive Symptom Reporting in OIF/OEF Service Members With Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries. Douglas B. Cooper, Ph.D., Maren Cullen, B.A., Ricardo Amador, B.S., Amy O. Bowles, M.D., Jan Kennedy, Ph.D.
P10. Temporal Lobe Personality Characteristics Are Closely Associated With Executive Functioning and Depression in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. L. Bauer, J. D. Davis, M. L. Alosco, M. S. Smith, G. Tremont
P11. Correlation Between Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder and Abnormal Levels Of Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid Among Children and Adolescents. Ricardo K. Espaillat, M.D., Jennifer N. Tejada
P12. Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of Primary Progressive Aphasia. Yasaman Fatemi, Vladimir Cejka, Yonas Geda
P13. Neuropsychological Predictors of Functional Decline in Subjects with ALS. Virginia Garay, M.D.
P14. Differentiating Clinical Symptoms In Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Kathryn M. Gaylord, R.N., Ph.D., Douglas B. Cooper, Ph.D., Janyna M. Mercado, Ph.D., Jan E. Kennedy, Ph.D., Linda H. Yoder, R.N., Ph.D.
P15. Baseline Pessimism and Other Personality Traits and All-Cause Mortality: The Mayo Clinic Cohort Study Of Personality and Aging. Yonas E. Geda, M.D., M.Sc., Brandon R. Grossardt, M.S., James Bower, M.D., M.Sc., Robert Colligan, Ph.D., Walter A. Rocca, M.D., M.P.H.
P16. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Psychiatric Residents towards a Structured Apprisal of a Scientific Article. Vladimir Cejka, Yasaman Fatemi, Yonas E. Geda, M.D., M.Sc.
P17. In Vivo Serotonin 5HT2A Receptor Binding and Reward-Dependence Temperament Trait: A [18F]Setoperone PET Study. Philip Gerretsen, Ariel Graff-Guerrero, David Mamo, Bruce G. Pollock, Shitij Kapur, Sylvain Houle
P18. Differentiating Malingerers from Patients with Conversion Disorder With a Computerized Neurocognitive Assessment Battery. C Thomas Gualtieri, M.D., Aaron Hervey, Ph.D.
P19. Dissecting Disgust — Evidence for Emotion Specific Physiological Responses. Neil A. Harrison, Marcus A. Gray, Peter Gianaros, Hugo D. Critchley
P20. When Cognitive Evaluation Does Not Disclose a Neurologic Disorder: Experience of a University Behavioral Neurology Clinic. Meredith C. Kenfield, David B. Arciniegas, C. Alan Anderson, Katherine L. Howard, and Christopher M. Filley
P21. Microarrays In Neuropsychiatry: Applications and Issues. Richard E. Kennedy, M.D., Ph.D.
P22. Event Related Potentials in Juveniles with Impulsive Aggression. Daniel Matthews, William Fisher, Natalie Ceballos, Larry Fisher
P23. Recent Developments In Social Neuroscience and their Implications for Neuropsychiatry. Mario Mendez
P24. Treatment Resistant Depression: Experience in the use of a Series of Ketamine Infusions. Michael Messer, Irina Haller, Julia Pattison-Crisostomo, Pamela Larson
P25. Neurotherapy of TBI/PTSD in OEF/OIF Veterans. David Nelson, Mary Esty
P26. Use of an Electronic Database to Enhance Care of Dementia Patients in a Neuropsychiatry Clinic Setting: A Pilot Study. Anne Newman, Ph.D., Frederick Parente, Ph.D., Paula Notarangelo, R.N., Vassilis Koliatsos, M.D.
P27. Prevalence of Depression in Epilepsy: A Retrospective Study of Patients Referred to an Epilepsy Center Office Practice. Venkat Ramani, M.D., Donald A. Risucci, Ph.D.
P28. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of HD in an Outpatient Setting. Alya Reeve, M.D., Sarah Pirio-Richardson, M.D., Jeannie Boyle, RN
P29. Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Associated Awareness Under Anesthesia and Spontaneous Recall. P.B. Rosenquist, C. Andrade, J. Williams, O. Ikwechegh, J. Kimball, L. Arias, W.V. McCall
P30. Towards an Aging Specific Cognitive Phenotype. Donald Royall, R. F. Palmer
P31. Memantine in Frontotemporal Dementia. Douglas Scharre, Hillary Bashaw, Shu-Ing Chang
P32. Clock Drawing Phenotypes and Disability in Elders. Jason E Schillerstrom, M.D., Anna Shuler, B.S., Donald R. Royall, M.D.
P33. High Rates Of Past Traumatic Brain Injury Both In Prisoners and Appropriate Controls. Peter Schofield, Iain Perkes, Tony Butler
P34. The Audio Recorded Cognitive Screen (ARCS): comparison with the CERAD Cognitive Battery against Formal Neuropsychological Assessment. Peter Schofield, Jonson Moyle, Amanda Bell, Martin Carnovale, John Attia, Karen Drysdale
P35. Response of Cluster Headache to Self-Administration of Seeds Containing Lysergic Acid Amide (LSA). R. Andrew Sewell, M.D., Kyle Reed, Miles Cunningham, M.D., Ph.D.
P36. Non-Uniformity in Autistic Serotonergic Function: Differential G-protein Coupled Activation of Serotonin Receptor Subtypes in MBD1 Knockout Mice. David Sheski
P37. The Cognitive Effects of Lorazepam in Healthy APOE-ε4 Carriers. Cynthia M. Stonnington, M.D., Peter J. Snyder, Ph.D., Joseph G. Hentz, Eric M. Reiman, M.D., Richard J. Caselli, M.D.
P38. Case Report: CADASIL with Cysteine-Sparing Notch3 Mutation. John Sullivan, M.D., Sheldon Benjamin, M.D.
P39. Endocannabinoids: Stress, Anxiety and Fear. Katherine H. Taber, Robin A. Hurley
P40. Cognitive and Behavioral Side-Effects among Seizure Controlled Epileptic Children: The Impact of Treatment for Monotherapy with Antiepileptic Medication. Tiffany Tajiri, Thomas Burns, Lindsay Luton, Kristine Whigham
P42. Long-Term Cross-Modal Priming in Youth: Evidence of Sensory-Based Memory. Guillaume Vallet, Rémy Versace, Lionel Brunel, Martine Simard
P43. Dysregulation of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis Functioning in Huntington’s Disease. Erik van Duijn, Mischa Selis, Erik Giltay, Frans Zitman, Raymund Roos, Hans van Pelt, Rose van der Mast
P44. Presentation of Depression in Patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment: a Retrospective Analysis from a Tertiary Care Clinic. Ottavio Vitolo, Diler Acar, Zeina Chemali
P45. Neuropsychological Predictors of Functional Decline in Subjects with Combat-Related Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Brian Writer, Jason Schillerstrom, Heather Regwan, Brent Harlan, Jackie Reeves, Melissa Keough, Brian Waters, Manuel Nunez
P46. Uncommon But Important Cognitive Sequelae After Stroke: Multitasking impairment, Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity Disorder and Involuntary Emotional Expression Disorder. M. Hoffmann, R. Chen
1. Effect of COMT Val158Met Genotype on Cognition and Cerebral Activation After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Sabrina Taylor, Laura Flashman, Harker Rhodes, Matthew Garlinghouse, Robert Roth, Laura Hoskins, Jason Moore, Gregory Tsongalis, Andrew Saykin, Brenna McDonald, Thomas McAllister
3. Effects of Benzodiazepines and NMDA Antagonists on Neurogenesis. Shonali Midha, B.S., Daniel G. Herrera, M.D., Ph.D.
5. Escitalopram for Prevention of Poststroke Depression. Robert G. Robinson, M.D., Ricardo E. Jorge, M.D., Stephan Arndt, Ph.D.
6. The Neuropsychiatry of Normal Cognitive Aging: A Population-Based Study. Yonas E. Geda, M.D., M.Sc., Rosebud O. Roberts, M.B. Ch.B., M.S, David S. Knopman, M.D., Vernon S. Pankratz, Ph.D., Walter A. Rocca, M.D., M.P.H., Ronald C. Petersen, M.D., Ph.D.
7. Interhemispheric Differences in Animate Knowledge Among Patients with Semantic Dementia. Mario Mendez, Sarah Kremen, Ronald Saul
8. Cross-Modal Priming in Normal Aging: Evidence of an Integration Mechanism in Memory. Guillaume Vallet, Rémy Versace, François Bertin-Hugault, Martine Simard
9. Cerebral Lateralization of Human Violence. Jeff Victoroff, Janice Adelman, Lucie Brining
10. The Differential Impact of Age of Seizure Onset on Executive Functioning in Children. L.M. Luton, T.G. Burns, N. Defilippis, T. Tajiri
12. Failure To Segregate Emotional Processing From Cognitive and Sensorimotor Processing in Major Depression. Jane Epstein, David Perez, Kate Ervin, Hong Pan, James H. Kocsis, Tracy Butler, Emily Stern, David A. Silbersweig
1. Pure Alexithymia: The Boy with No Stories. Hazel E. A. Mcbride, Ph.D., G.S. Duckworth, M.D., Ph.D., B. Bell-Angus, Ph.D.
2. Progressive and Delayed Cognitive Deterioration For Few Years After The Initial Traumatic Brain Injury: Predictors, Pathophysiology and Prevention. Manish A. Fozdar, M.D.
3. Challenging Neuropsychiatric Case for Electroconvulsive Therapy. Donald Eknoyan
4. Personality Cognitive Changes In A Young Male: When Clinical Symptoms and Neuroimaging Clash. Sandeep Vaishnavi, M.D., Ph.D.
5. The Influence of Corticobasal Ganglionic Degeneration in Art Production. Laura Safar, M.D., Keith Edwards, M.D., Daniel Press, M.D., Jeffery Josephs, M.D., Ph.D.
6. Delayed Spongiform Leukoencephalopathy due to Snorting Methadone. Saeed Salehinia, M.D.
7. The Effectiveness Of The Vagal Nerve Stimulator For Epilepsy, Mood and Cognition in the Adolescent with Refractory Epilepsy. Raymond Bunch
8. Limits of Psychiatric Diagnosis in Persons with Intellectual Disability (ID). Richard Ferrell, Thomas McAllister
9. "Travels with Charley": A Novel Delusion Misidentification Syndrome. Kirstin Thode, Theresa Williams, Tuhin Chaudhuri, Raymond Faber
10. Traumatic Brain Injury - Surviving the Tempest Beyond the Storm. Oludamilola Salami, M.D., Mary Jo Kahler, RN, Beatrice Robbins, RN, Vani Rao, M.D.